Friday, September 10, 2010

Great First Day

Today, being the first day of our environmental science and sustainability class, I find myself feeling confident and excited about whats to come this week and next. We kicked things off going over the syllabus and took most of the time up with a power point. However, when I think of power points I don't think of what I saw today. It was kind of a shortened version of an inconvenient truth in the eyes of Katie Fleming-or at least that is how I perceived it. The slides were really affective and while we were learning about environmental issues and happenings, we also learned techniques of good and bad power point presentations and I know that definately was useful to me because every power point presentation I ever gave was just reading of the slides as if I had no clue what I was talking about.

Coming into this class I wasn't very sure if the environmental sciences area was going to be for me, but even just the three hours we spent in class today has really turned my perspective around and I am super excited about what is to come from this course. I'm really pumped for tomorrow because cleaning up rivers is a familiar thing for me so I'm sure I will have lots of fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment